Gustavo E. Galante, MD
322 U.S. 41 #103
Schererville, IN 46375
Phone: (219) 322-3131
Mo: 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
Tue, Wed: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Th: 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
Fr: 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
Please call our office for additional hours with our Aesthetic Nurse.
Gustavo E. Galante, MD
3800 Saint Mary Drive #101
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Phone: (219) 299-9300
Th: 1:30 p.m.–5 p.m.
Most moms will tell you that motherhood has changed their lives for the better. However, the physical changes that come with pregnancy – lost breast volume, a lax abdomen, and stubborn fat deposits – can be a high price to pay for the joy of motherhood. Dr. Gus Galante can help moms to look and feel great again with a combination of breast enhancement, tummy tuck and liposuction. At his Indiana practice, this combination of procedures is known as a Mommy Makeover.
You do so much for your children; you owe it to yourself to feel confident about how you look. Request a complimentary consultation online, or schedule an appointment at Dr. Galante’s Schererville or Valparaiso office by calling (800) 721-3244.
Talking It Over
When you meet with Dr. Galante, he listens to your concerns and needs. He discusses your procedural options for the Mommy Makeover. During this thorough consultation, he provides realistic solutions to help you achieve your goals. Dr. Galante suggests bringing a list of questions to your consultation. Please take a look at our Mommy Makeover FAQs, and then write down any questions you may still have.
A Mommy Makeover combines procedures aimed at the needs of women who have had children. Dr. Galante may tighten abdominal skin, repair weakened abdominal muscles, and enhance the breasts. Some women also choose to incorporate facial rejuvenation at the same time. The most common procedures Dr. Galante performs as part of a Mommy Makeover include:
- Tummy Tuck: Pregnancy takes a toll on your midsection by stretching the abdominal skin and weakening the muscles. Skin that has lost its elasticity can’t “bounce back” into place, and post-pregnancy exercise can’t repair abdominal muscles. A tummy tuck can give you back a flatter, tighter midsection by removing excess skin and tightening the abdominal muscles. Dr. Galante takes care to make tummy tuck incisions as low as possible – usually just above the pubic area – so that you’ll look great even in a bikini.
- Liposuction: Pockets of excess fat often remain after pregnancy, even for women who lead healthy lifestyles that include a healthy diet and exercise. These bulges usually show up in the abdominal area, on the thighs, and as “love handles” on the waist. A Mommy Makeover uses liposuction to sculpt contours that look natural and aesthetically pleasing.
- Breast enhancement: Breasts often lose perkiness and volume following pregnancy and breastfeeding, which is disconcerting to many moms. A breast lift can elevate the breasts to a more youthful, perky position. Some patients may also choose breast augmentation to restore volume. Women whose breasts gain volume during pregnancy and remain overly large may opt for breast reduction surgery for cosmetic reasons and to alleviate neck and shoulder pain. Dr. Galante can combine any of these options to enhance your breasts and your femininity.
Some patients also use this opportunity to undergo face procedures such as a facelift, eyelid surgery, or non-surgical treatments. By combining these components into a single operation, Dr. Galante can create a truly customized result and an impressive transformation.
Meet Dr. Gus Galante
Thank you for visiting the Indiana plastic surgery practice of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gus Galante. Our team is committed to providing you with the information you need to make an educated decision about your procedure. We offer a full range of surgical and non-surgical treatments such as breast augmentation, liposuction, and BOTOX® Cosmetic. Our goal is to make sure you feel comfortable and confident about your choices. We have offices in Valparaiso and Schererville for your convenience.
Team up with an honest, approachable plastic surgeon who will work with you to achieve your goals. Look & feel better with Dr. Galante.Meet Dr. Galante
- Although it is not a substitute for diet and exercise, a Mommy Makeover may be an option for healthy moms who’ve found that physical fitness isn’t enough.
- If you’d like to learn more about what you can expect before, during, and after a Mommy Makeover, visit our Mommy Makeover FAQs page.