Gustavo E. Galante, M.D. - Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Day of Surgery
Typically, our patients recover quickly with few, if any, complications. But we understand that the prospect of surgery can be a little scary, especially if you require twilight or general anesthesia. Many of the cosmetic plastic surgery patients we see in Valparaiso and Schererville, Indiana, have never been "put under." Dr. Gus Galante takes the time to reassure his patients that he entrusts them only to the capable hands of a board-certified M.D. anesthesiologist and/or a board-certified nurse anesthetist. Both types of practitioners are skilled at addressing the needs of people having outpatient surgery.
Our patients, who come to our plastic surgery practice from Merrillville, Crown Point, Munster, and throughout Northwest Indiana, enjoy the comfort and privacy of having their surgery in an outpatient surgical suite. Dr. Galante is happy to share additional details when you meet with him in person. Request a complimentary consultationRequest a complimentary consultation online or call +1-800-721-3244 to schedule your appointment.
What to Expect
Here's a brief outline of what to expect on the day of your procedure:
- Arrive 1 hour before your scheduled surgery time
- Register and fill out any required paperwork
- Get prepped for surgery and review your medical history with the nursing staff
- If your procedure will include twilight or general anesthesia, meet with the MD anesthesiologist and have an IV inserted
- Be wheeled to the operating room and have anesthesia administered
- Have your procedure
- Move to a recovery room to be monitored until fully awake
- Meet with your family and friends, get something to drink and wait until you receive clearance to head home
- Have a friend or loved one drive you home
Dr. Galante will call you that evening to check in on your recovery. A member of our surgery center staff will call you the next day to make sure you are comfortable and have had a satisfying experience. Depending on the procedure, you will then return to Dr. Galante's office for one or more follow-up visits in the weeks and months to come.
BACK TO TOP