Garza Galante Plastic Surgery
322 U.S. 41 #103
Schererville, IN 46375
Phone: (219) 322-3131
Mo–Fr: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
The beauty of intense pulsed light skin treatments is that they gently treat a range of skin conditions with virtually no downtime. Dr. Garza’s aesthetic nurse Nikki uses the Lumenis M22 for IPL Photorejuvenation to visibly improve the appearance of pigmentation, age or sun spots, broken capillaries, and overall skin appearance. She offers laser skin treatments at Dr. Garza’s Schererville office, serving Valparaiso, Munster, Merrillville, and other areas of Northwest Indiana.
Welcome to Our Practice
Board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Rebecca Garza and Dr. Gus Galante have established a plastic surgery practice dedicated to providing personalized care that gives you the confidence to make educated decisions about your surgery. Together with a hand-selected team of professionals who share our passion for patient care, we offer a range of surgical procedures designed to help you look and feel your best.
Both Dr. Garza and Dr. Galante are fellowship-trained plastic surgeons at the forefront of the aesthetic surgery field. They are each active in professional associations and have given back to the community by donating their time and services to local charity organizations.
Talking It Over
Your consultation is a chance for us to discuss your skincare treatment options with you, and to thoroughly examine your skin to determine the optimal treatment plan to address your concerns. We can customize the Lumenis IPL laser treatment for specific skin conditions. During your consultation you will be provided information about the procedure and discuss what to expect after the treatment.
IPL procedures are outpatient treatments, meaning you return home or to work on the same day as your appointment. During the procedure, we apply a soothing gel to the treatment area to ensure your comfort during the procedure, which typically lasts from 15 to 30 minutes. When the IPL treatment begins, you may experience a warm sensation as the light penetrates the skin. IPL treatments are noteworthy because they are gentle, and patients rarely experience any discomfort.
IPL works by penetrating the outer layer of skin with pulses of light energy to heal damaged tissue and trigger the body’s natural response to produce new collagen and elastic fibers. This results in an overall improvement to the skin’s appearance.
The Lumenis IPL laser can be used to treat various skin conditions, including:
- Unwanted dark spots, which are often a result of sun exposure, which creates an uneven skin tone.
- Rosacea, a chronic skin condition marked by facial redness across the nose and cheeks with visibly dilated blood vessels and/or red inflammatory papules that cause facial redness.
- Visible capillaries that often appear on the face, but which also occur on the face and chest.
IPL treatments are quick and effective, requiring virtually little to no downtime.
A Reputation Built on Results
- Nikki may recommend combining IPL laser skin treatments with other procedures, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers, chemical peels, and medical-grade skin care products.
- IPL treatments can also maximize and prolong the results of face procedures such as face, neck, and brow lifts.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and self-tanning agents in the 4 weeks before your appointment. You shouldn’t have any tan when you come in for your appointment, and the provider may reschedule the appointment if you are tanned.
- Please come to your IPL treatment without makeup on.
- Patients are often slightly pink or red after their treatments. We offer ice packs to minimize discomfort. After the treatment, you can wear makeup, apply moisturizer or sunscreen, and use skincare products.
- Avoid hot showers, steam, facials, saunas, hot yoga, hot tubs, and direct sun/heat exposure for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- IPL treatments may temporarily darken areas being treated for pigmentation. Do not pick at or exfoliate these areas. Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen daily.
Lumenis IPL laser treatments are safe procedures that can help improve your skin’s appearance and correct various skin conditions. Request a complimentary consultation online or call our Schererville office toll-free at (800) 721-3244.
The perfect gift for the beautiful person in your life.
Stop by our Schererville office to purchase your gift card of any value today!