Garza Galante Plastic Surgery
322 U.S. 41 #103
Schererville, IN 46375
Phone: (219) 322-3131
Mo–Fr: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
A youthful appearance is defined by plump lips, well‐defined cheekbones, and smooth, supple skin. Dermal fillers such as the Restylane® and JUVÉDERM® product lines restore the underlying support structures responsible for these facial features that break down with age. The expertise of Dr. Rebecca Garza and her team can help both men and women look better and feel younger.
View Before & After Photos
Talking It Over
Dr. Garza discusses your filler options during your consultation after examining your skin tone and facial structure. She explains the injection procedure and outlines the benefits and risks of each filler product and also informs you of any medications and vitamins to avoid prior to your treatment.
Dr. Garza administers fillers on an outpatient basis, meaning you can go home the same day. Treatments last less than 30 minutes, depending on the number of injections necessary for your desired results.
Dr. Garza offers the hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers JUVÉDERM and Restylane. HA is a complex sugar that attracts and binds with water to promote skin hydration and create volume. Because HA occurs naturally in the human body, neither of these fillers requires an allergy test. Depending on the fillers used by Dr. Garza, the results can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
Virtually all fillers are made with lidocaine, a local anesthetic, which greatly alleviates any discomfort associated with the injections. A topical anesthetic is also available if desired. HA fillers require little to no downtime or recovery, and many patients return to their daily routine immediately following their treatment. Bruising or swelling may occur and last for hours or days, but these are easily concealed with makeup.
Welcome to Our Practice
Board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Rebecca Garza and Dr. Gus Galante have established a plastic surgery practice dedicated to providing personalized care that gives you the confidence to make educated decisions about your surgery. Together with a hand-selected team of professionals who share our passion for patient care, we offer a range of surgical procedures designed to help you look and feel your best.
Both Dr. Garza and Dr. Galante are fellowship-trained plastic surgeons at the forefront of the aesthetic surgery field. They are each active in professional associations and have given back to the community by donating their time and services to local charity organizations.
Restylane and JUVÉDERM are similar in many ways. They’re both synthetic gels made with non-animal, cross-linked hyaluronic acid (HA, which is a natural sugar found in skin). They contain no human or animal DNA and have the best safety profile of all the fillers currently on the market. Each product line includes fillers formulated specifically to address different concerns, such as lost facial volume, thin lips, and wrinkles.
JUVÉDERM Ultra and Ultra Plus: Both of these fillers are excellent choices for treating nasolabial folds and other mild to moderate lines and folds. The molecules used in Ultra Plus are slightly larger than those in JUVÉDERM Ultra, and the results tend to last a bit longer.
VOLUMA: Sunken or flat cheeks can create an older appearance, even if you have minimal wrinkles. VOLUMA lifts the mid-face without surgery and produces results that can last up to 2 years.
VOLLURE: This is an advanced filler approved by the FDA in 2017 to treat nasolabial folds and other deep lines around the mouth. What really sets VOLLURE apart from earlier generations of fillers is that it can last up to 18 months.
VOLBELLA: Lip augmentation is one of the most popular treatments at our practice. VOLBELLA provides a subtle enhancement to the lips, creating contoured lips without looking unnatural.
Restylane: Like JUVÉDERM, Restylane is a gel made using hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid. Restylane helps minimize moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including the lines that run from your nose toward the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corners of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines).
Lyft: In addition to restoring volume to hollowed-out cheeks, Restylane Lyft is also approved by the FDA to treat volume deficiencies on the back of the hands. The hands are often overlooked when it comes to signs of aging, and we recommend combining facial fillers with Lyft for patients who have hands that can make them look older than they are.
Refyne: Specially formulated using advanced technology that goes beyond regular fillers, Refyne helps minimize lines and folds in a way that helps maintain natural movements when you’re smiling, frowning, and even puckering up.
Defyne: Using the same cross-linking technology in the filler gel that’s used in Refyne, Defyne reduces laugh lines and nasolabial folds without restricting the skin’s natural movements. Dr. Garza can recommend which filler would work best for you.
Silk: Lip augmentation with Restylane Silk creates silkier, smoother lips. Additionally, Silk is approved by the FDA to smooth the fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
A Reputation Built on Results
- You may also benefit from other non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic or chemical peels.
- Dermal fillers can complement the results of face procedures such as facelifts or neck lifts.
- Patients notice immediate results after filler injections, but it can take up to 2 weeks to see the final results.
- Swelling, firmness, bruising, and tenderness can occur. If you have concerns, such as wanting additional filler, we can schedule a follow-up treatment 2 weeks after the initial appointment. If you are experiencing abnormal pain, unusual bruising, or other concerns, please call our office immediately.
- We recommend avoiding dental work 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after your filler appointment to decrease the chance of complications.
- We request you come to your filler appointment without makeup on the treatment areas.
- Even though complications are rare, you should remain in town for 48 hours after getting filler injections.
- We recommend keeping the treated injection site area clean (free from makeup or lip products) for the rest of the day after getting fillers.
- Avoid vigorous exercise or sweating for 24 hours after your injections.
- Pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding are not candidates for filler treatments.
- Avoid the following medications in the 5 days before your appointment to minimize bruising: aspirin, ibuprofen (Motrin®, Advil®), fish oil, turmeric, vitamin E, garlic, ginseng, St. John’s wort, ginkgo). If you are taking one of the above medications under a doctor’s care, check with your doctor before discontinuing use. You should also avoid alcohol during the 5 days before your treatment. You may take Tylenol® or Extra Strength Tylenol®. If you are unsure whether a product is safe to take before a procedure, please call our office.
Injectable dermal fillers from board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Rebecca Garza reduce wrinkles and add volume to lips and cheeks. Request a complimentary consultation online with Dr. Garza or call our office at (800) 721-3244.
The perfect gift for the beautiful person in your life.
Stop by our Schererville office to purchase your gift card of any value today!