"I'm proud of what I did. I've never felt so good about myself in my life. It may sound funny, but I'm complete now. I have my two kids, my husband, and I'm healthy."
Dr. Gus Galante performs breast augmentation in Indiana for women who want their breasts to be larger, shapelier, and more symmetrical. Breast augmentation helps boost many women's self-confidence by improving their physical image.
Browse our gallery of Dr. Galante's patients and the natural results they enjoy. View more breast augmentation photos.
If you live in Northwest Indiana and breast augmentation is on your mind, a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best place to start. Request a complimentary consultationRequest a complimentary consultation online, or schedule an appointment at Dr. Galante's Schererville or Valparaiso office by calling (800) 721-3244.
Talking it Over
During your consultation, you can discuss your goals and expectations for surgery. Dr. Galante ensures that you understand his techniques and feel secure in your decision. He also encourages you to ask questions. His answers help you understand the benefits of specific incision sites, implant types, and placement options.
The consultation represents the first step toward successful results. Establishing a rapport helps you build the trust necessary to feel confident and excited about your procedure. It's not unusual to arrive feeling a little nervous about what to expect. Dr. Galante suggests you make a list of questions or concerns to help you remember them. Other tips for your consultation include:
- Bring some "wish" photos that illustrate the look you hope to achieve with breast implants (you can search our photo gallery to get started)
- Be prepared to discuss your medical history, including any medications that you are currently taking
- Be ready for a physical exam
At your consultation, Dr. Galante may recommend a breast implant size, shape, or profile (how far the implant protrudes from the chest wall) that helps achieve your cosmetic goals and is appropriate for your height and body type. An estimate showing the total cost of your procedure is prepared before you leave, with an explanation for each of the specific fees.
Team up with an honest, approachable plastic surgeon who will work with you to achieve your goals. Look & feel better with Dr. Galante.
Dr. Galante usually uses general anesthesia for breast augmentation, so you will be asleep for your surgery. He begins the procedure by making an incision either on the bottom edge of the areola (a periareolar incision), or on the underside of the breast, immediately above the crease where the breast connects to the chest wall (an inframammary incision). These options are discussed during the consultation.
Dr. Galante prefers the inframammary incision for most patients because:
- It is associated with a lower risk of capsular contracture, the primary complication following breast augmentation
- It is effective for all types of breast implants
- It's the best choice for women who are planning to breastfeed children in the future
To create the most natural-looking breast, Dr. Galante typically uses a submuscular implant placement. This means he inserts the implant either beneath or between the muscles under your breast tissue. In some patients, the implants may be placed under the breast and over the muscle to achieve the most optimum result. The submuscular implant placement leads to generally more beautiful, natural-looking results and especially benefits:
- Patients who choose saline implants, by helping to camouflage the ripples or wrinkling that may be visible if the implant is covered only by breast tissue
- Patients with little existing breast tissue
It also has been found to reduce the incidence of capsular contracture (a complication that occurs when firm scar tissue forms around the implant).
- Dr. Galante may also recommend a combined breast procedure to correct issues such as sagging and skin laxity.
- For answers to some common questions about breast augmentation, we invite you to review our Breast Augmentation FAQs page.
- We also encourage you to read more information about breast augmentation on Dr. Galante's breast surgery specialty site.
Breast Implant Options
Dr. Galante offers his Indiana patients a variety of options in breast implants - from small to large, saline or silicone, low to high profile, and more. For detailed information on the breast implants offered at our Indiana practice, visit our Breast Implant Options page.
After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
Dr. Galante performs breast augmentation as an outpatient procedure so you will be able to go home the day of your procedure.
After surgery you will be placed in an elastic bra designed to help with healing. Discomfort following surgery is treatable with oral medication. You can resume light activities such as showering, walking and dressing yourself at your discretion, but remember to give yourself time to recover. You can resume aerobic exercise in roughly 3 weeks. Dr. Galante will give you more specific post-op instructions prior to your surgery.